It's crucial to our identity and vision that we are not just a loose association, but a true partnership of churches committed to working together on the common basis of the authority of Scripture and the priority of the gospel.
Partnership therefore involves a number of important commitments:
- to sign a declaration of agreement with the Basis of Faith, and sympathy with the theological stance and working basis of the Gospel Partnership
- to attend the quarterly Partnership Meetings
- to give annually to Partnership finances
Two kinds of partnership are possible:
- Church Partnership. The SWGP is primarily a partnership of churches, who apply to join by decision of the church (either via the leadership or with the consent of the whole church where a congregational model) to work together towards the aims of the Partnership.
- Individual Partnership. Where an individual in Christian ministry is part of a church that is not seeking Church Partnership, but wants to support the SWGP and benefit from it, they can apply to join as an individual partner.
When a church or individual has enquired about becoming a Partner, we contact them to discuss their situation and if appropriate supply an Application form with further information. Once a completed Application form has been received, the application will be presented at the next quarterly meeting of the Steering Committee. If the Committee approves the application, the prospective Partner will be welcomed and (if a Church Partner) their details placed on the Churches map.
Partner status is reviewed annually, and we contact all Partners to ensure their contact details are up to date and to ask them to reaffirm their commitment to the Partnership Declaration.